CANDIDATES' PERSONAL STATEMENTS
DEAN DAVIS, N7XG
CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT
I have decided to run for president and offer the following goals for consideration:
To have fun, make our nets enjoyable, trust and respect one another, and getting back to 100 checkins which would be a real trip.
To complete unfinished business Need to complete the bylaws (80% completed already). They need to be concise and easy to understand by our membership. Also need to complete the Club Operations Handbook that was started in 2010. And finally restore the Technology committee.
To re-engage the awards committee working on revisions and new awards. Find new opportunities for existing members to work on fun awards.
Find qualified people to fill vacant officer positions. (Net Coordinators and NCS's are priority. Find a way to monitor and mentor NCS's for consistency and ability)
Develop a plan to improve membership and develop a plan to attract direct checkins. In 2012 we gained 44 new members and this year we only have gotten about 30. Also in 2012 the club issued 786 awards and for this year we may hit 475. Folks these are not good numbers to sustain the club into the future.
Restart the Courtesy envelope program. This has been a good source of new members in the past.
Get our members more involved by allowing them to influence of board voting. Set up a survey site like surveymonkey and poll our active members. Using a tool like this can aid in our boards to make better decisions
Support the best I can for the 2018 eyeball and make it a great success. Also make our annual meeting and eyeball event a fun event for members.
In closing all I ask you to do is visit the club's website at http://www.3905ccn.com and view the ballot. I am sure that you will find me quite qualified for the position of president of the club.
Dean Davis, N7XG
BILL WALLACE, K1YAG
CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT
Happy Holidays to everyone from K1YAG
I am currently the Vice President of the 3905 Century Club and am very interested in becoming your new President in 2018. I believe that my business experience and professionalism will be an asset to the club in the Presidential capacity.
While in graduate school and working as a real estate broker/appraiser and running a FM radio station at nights; I originally started in the 3905 Club in 1989 as a 75M NCS. Then finished a two-tier 35 year career in manufacturing as an engineer acquiring 5 government PMA/patents and working Air Force military contracts abroad; and the airline industry flying the B747-400 as Captain worldwide. I currently run a manufacturing business making aircraft engine parts and teach CW to Boy Scouts at summer camp. I am a member of several professional organizations.
I returned to the Club in 2015 with great expectations. Some of the accomplishments made for the members of the Club recently include-
- NCS in 2017- 160 nets hosted [Averaged 39 check-ins per net]
- Extensive mobile operation in 48 states and 3 countries bringing over 5500 contacts to our members
- Numerous Hi-point, Tri-point State and National Park QSO's to the nets
- Mobile NCS 3 times while “on the road”, when NCS controllers were absent.
- NCS in 2016- 104 nets hosted
- Originator of the High Point Award
- NCS at the Eyeball “40 Late Net” 2016 and 2017
- Worked to bring more DX contacts to our nets.
- Assistance with 3905 Club booth at 2017 Orlando Hamfest.
The “lifeblood” on our nets is the NCS. I have been working diligently at improving our club and will continue in the future to fight to bring up our moral and transparency to our members. It will be a joint effort between myself, the BoD and the membership as a whole. I will establish agendas to bring the much needed improvements to expand our club which will attract new members and allow greater participation and welcome old members back. The goals will include the following-
1. Establish and work with a committee to oversee a much needed 3905 Club Bylaw rewrite.
2. Establish additional duties for the Vice President to assist the President and the club.
3. Implement a program for overseeing and establishing our Eyeball convention every year.
4. Establishing an agenda to bring back our highly respected NCS's, Area Directors, Training Officers and members that have left the club recently.
5. Implement a program where we can have the latest conference call network available for the BoD meetings and communication of club issues “personally”, with minimal impact to our treasury.
6. Establish a program to have NEW awards added each year to our awards program and to poll our members what they would like to see implemented and their interest.
7. Establish a program to oversee participation at several Hamfest functions throughout the year to promote the 3905 Century Club and allow local members to assist and become involved and to “Highlight” our club.
8. Implement a program where an NCS “relay station” will get net-credit and an award each year for helping out on our nets and recognition for their valuable time served.
9. Implement a program to attract DX participation to our nets and expanding our recognition.
This is a difficult challenge but I am up for the task!!
Thank you for your consideration and your VOTE. I invite everyone to log in to my QRZ site. God bless and Happy New Year. PS: Still working on QSL's hi hi
Bill Wallace K1YAG 3905 Century Club Vice President